Thursday, May 7, 2009

National mining games 2009


National mining games! Again blowing me away....such a fantastic weekend!! Every mining engineer should attend mining games! They get you meeting everyone around Australia, having fun and being outside!!! :)
Events included:
- Face tie in (preparing for a blast)
- Rock identification (what rock is that!?)
- Specific gravity (now...the density is what?)
- Swede saw (sawing logs of wood really fastly!!!)
- Gold panning (having to find the gold before the clock runs out)
- Rail set (setting up a railway track)
- Mucking (filling a mining cart with lots of gravel as fast as possible)
- Drilling (MY FAVOURITE!!! And my team won the mixed trophy for it!) ---> I was collarer which means I had to hold the drill rod in place when is was turned on and ensured it went into the rock in the right place.....which was a really hard job! That drill did not want to go where I wanted it to go!!!!!!
That's all for this post! Next post is the national mining ball!!!!!

No comments: